Frequently Asked Questions

Your Questions Answered

Do I need a Licensed Building Practitioner LBP?

This depends on the extent of the project however with the changes to the Building Act in 2012 all ‘restricted building work’ must be completed by a Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP).  This ensures the person who will be undertaking the work has been thoroughly assessed and is capable of assuring quality and industry standard work. ‘Restricted building work’ is any work that is critical to the integrity of a building, this involves the building structure, weather-tightness, and design or fire safety.  We strongly advise using a LBP for all work undertaken in your home to ensure it is up to standard and done as it should be.

At what stage do I involve a builder?

The earlier we get involved the sooner we can help develop your ideas, have your project mapped out and prepare you fully for your new build or renovation.  Being experienced with building and renovating residential homes we are open to giving you advice and offer suggestions that will help your project run smoothly and could save you time and money.  No matter what stage you are at we are always happy to hear from you. Click here to read more about our building process.

Do I need building consent?

Majority of construction work on your residential homes now requires a building consent.  Whether it’s structural additions to your existing home or changing internal layouts, they all require the process of gaining a building consent through the Auckland Council.  Depending on the extent of the project and your land title you may also require a Resource Consent.

If you are unsure what you will need you can find out more information from the Auckland Council Website or arrange a meeting with a Planner at the Auckland Council to discuss your plans initially at no cost to you.  The planner will be able to advise what building consents you may require.  Alternatively feel free to give us a call for a chat about your plans and we can point you in the right direction to get you started!

Do I need building consent?

Every building project is different, at the beginning of your process we will sit down with you to discuss every detail of your requirements.  This includes setting time frames of if or when you will need to move out and for how long.  All considerations are taken into account especially anything involving your safety and the practicality of you living in a ‘construction zone’.  We do all we can to ensure you can live in your home for the majority of the construction process, if not the entire duration.

VIEW Our Concept Plans

4 Great reasons to build with us

Quality is Important to us.

A high quality finish is a given with every new Complex Builders build. We love building and our clients always come first...always.

End to End Project Management.

We take care of all the council consents, engineers, architects and paper work. From start to finish, you only need to talk with us.

Our Work is Guaranteed.

Full cover Insurance is included with every Complex Builders home, protecting your investment with the most comprehensive 10 year residential building guarantee on the market.

Our Clients Love Us.

Clients always come first at Complex Builders. Because of this, our clients are generous with their comments and referrals.